CJ’s TRADITIONAL MUSHROOM STUFFING
A traditional Thanksgiving favorite but a great side any time of year.
- 1 – 14 ounce bag Brownberry stuffing, non-seasoned.
- 1 – 10 3/4 ounce can Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- 1 – bag chopped real bacon bits.
- 2 – cups chopped fresh mushrooms.
- 1 – cup chopped white onion.
- 1 – cup chopped celery.
- 1 – tablespoon minced garlic.
- 1 – teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1 – teaspoon sea salt.
- 1 – stick real butter.
- 1 1/2 – cups chicken broth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a sauce pan, combine the broth and butter and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- In an extra large mixing bowl, pour the entire contents of stuffing.
- Pour broth and butter mixture over the stuffing mixture.
- Stir the stuffing to blend evenly.
- Spoon in the mushroom soup into the stuffing mixture, blend evenly.
- Add remaining ingredients (bacon, onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic, sea salt and pepper).
- Stir mixture together again until well blended.
- Pour stuffing into a large casserole baking dish.
- Bake in over (uncovered) for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, serve warm.
* An option is to add browned, drained and chopped sausage to the recipe . Simply add to other ingredients.