GLUTEN FREE SHRIMP SCAMPI
1 pound gluten-free linguine, or brown rice noodles
1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp, tail on
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 large shallot, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon lemon zest
1 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon fresh basil, chiffonade (thin strips)
¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil + 1 teaspoon
½ cup dry white wine (Pinot Grigio will work well)
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
Freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once hot, add shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook until shallots are translucent and soft.
- Season shrimp with kosher salt and black pepper. Add them to the skillet and cook about 1- 1 ½ minutes per side. Once pink, remove from pan and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the gluten-free linguine noodles.
- Once boiling, add heaping tablespoon of kosher salt, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and gluten-free pasta. Cook for 7-10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, add wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, and basil to skillet with garlic and shallots and raise heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil.
- Once sauce in skillet comes to a boil, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan.
- Once butter has melted, add shrimp back to the pan, along with the chopped parsley.
- Once cooked, drain gluten-free pasta and place in large bowl.
- Pour shrimp and scampi sauce into bowl with pasta, lightly toss, and serve immediately.