PAN FRIED HADDOCK SANDWICH WITH JALAPENO MAYO SAUCE.
Jalapeno Mayo Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise.
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper, finely chopped.
- 1 tablespoons minced scallions.
Ingredients Pan Fried Haddock Sandwich
- 2 pounds fresh Haddock (no more than 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 4 sandwich buns.
- Fresh green romaine lettuce leaves.
- Thin sliced tomato.
Directions for Jalapeno Mayo and Haddock Sandwich
- To make the Jalapeño Mayo, whisk together the mayonnaise, jalapeños, and scallions in a small bowl. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- To make the sandwich, cut the fish into pieces a bit larger than the buns.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika on a plate.
- Dredge the haddock in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess.
- Divide the oil between two medium-large skillets over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the fish to the pans and cook, turning once, until golden brown and crisp on both sides and just cooked within (the fish will flake easily when tested with a fork), about 2 minutes per side.
Spread the buns with the Jalapeño Mayo, layer on the fish, lettuce, and sliced tomato, and serve.