SHRIMP PINWHEELS (LOW SODIUM)
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1/2 8 ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 9 – 10 inches red, green, and/or plain flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded spinach leaves
- 2/3 cup smoked almonds, chopped
- 10 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork. Add cream cheese; stir until smooth. Stir in ketchup, horseradish, lemon peel, lemon juice, and chili powder.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the avocado mixture onto one of the tortillas, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge.
- Top with a layer of spinach.
- Sprinkle with a scant 2 tablespoons of the almonds and about 1/4 cup of the chopped shrimp.
- Roll up tightly. Secure with a party pick, if necessary to prevent unrolling. Repeat with remaining tortillas, avocado mixture, spinach, almonds, and shrimp.
- Place rolled tortillas on a tray or platter.
- To serve, cut each rolled tortilla into 1-inch-thick slices, discarding ends. Secure with party picks, if necessary.
- Arrange slices on a serving platter.