CJ’S GARLIC CHICKEN FLORENTINE WITH NOODLES IN MORNAY SAUCE
Ingredients (Serves 4)
Chicken & Noodles
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Pinch of garlic powder, ground black pepper, ground paprika, ground dried basil.
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock.
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach.
- 1 cup white wine, Chardonnay.
- 12 ounce package egg noodles.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour to thicken (if necessary).
Chicken & Noodles Directions
- Season 4 chicken breasts with garlic, black pepper, paprika and basil.
- Place seasoned chicken breasts in a large skillet, pour Chardonnay over the breasts.
- Cook at medium heat (ensure chicken is cooked thoroughly).
- In a separate large skillet, pour out package of egg noodles.
- Pour 2 cups of chicken stock over uncooked noodles.
- Cook over medium heat, covering until noodles are al Dente (mostly cooked).
- Mix frozen spinach with noodles stirring thoroughly to evenly mix spinach.
- Sprinkle garlic powder and ground black pepper noodles and spinach lightly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Mornay Sauce Directions
- Pour all sauce ingredients into a large sauce pan and mix together.
- Heat over medium high (do not overcook or scald sauce).
- If necessary, add a tablespoon of all purpose flour in order to thicken.
- Stir regularly to avoid sticking.
- Cook time – 10-12 minutes.
Assembly and Plating
- Place 4 cooked chicken breasts over noodle and spinach mix.
- Pour Mornay sauce over top of chicken and noodles.
- Spoon out Noodle mixture onto a plate.
- Place a chicken breast over top of noodles.
- Serve immediately.