CJ’s STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
This is my personal creation that turns ordinary chicken breasts into an out of this world delicacy. Is your dinner menu routine become too boring and predictable? This ought to shake things up for the better!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese.
- 1/4 cup shredded Fontina cheese.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, whipped.
- 1 large egg.
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped.
- 3 bacon strips, fried crispy, then chopped into small bits.
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
- 6 small green olives, chopped.
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fry up 4 strips of bacon (crispy), pat dry of grease and chopped into small bites.
- Combine Gouda, Fontina, cream cheese, egg, green onions, olives, bacon bits and paprika in a small bowl. Mix together thoroughly.
- Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of each chicken breast, nearly through to the opposite side, and open like a book.
- Sprinkle each of the breasts with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the cheese filling among the breasts, placing it in the center of each.
- Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal (use toothpick if necessary).
- Sprinkle the breasts lightly with paprika, sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees F (about 15 minutes).