MONTERREY CAZUELA (Casserole)
Ingredients (12 servings)
- 1 pound very lean ground beef.
- 1 – 15 ounce can of pinto beans.
- 1 – 15 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- 1 – can cream of mushroom soup.
- 1 – 12 ounce package of corn based tortillas.
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat, drain.
- Add chili powder, beans, tomatoes and soup; mix well and heat thoroughly.
- Lightly spray a 13×9 inch dish with non-stick spray and line dish with the tortillas.
- Make a layer with the meat mixture. Make another row of tortillas, then finish off with rest of meat mixture.
- Top with shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.