FARFALLE WITH MUSHROOMS & SPINACH (LOW SODIUM)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 6 ounces dried farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced portobello or other fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook farfalle according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are nearly tender.
- Stir in spinach, thyme, and pepper; cook 1 minute or until heated through and spinach is slightly wilted.
- Stir in cooked pasta; toss gently to mix. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Makes 4 side-dish servings.