CHICKEN CORDON BLEU (Low Carb)
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham.
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese.
- Sea salt and garlic powder to taste.
- 2 slices Swiss cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut a slit in the chicken breasts to make a pocket in each.
- Spread the cream cheese onto the ham, then stuff it into the pocket made in the chicken.
- Secure with toothpick, if necessary.
- Brown each side lightly in heavy skillet, seasoning each side with garlic salt.
- Place skillet in oven until meat thermometer placed in thickest part of breast reads 180 degrees, about 30-45 minutes.
- Approximately 5 minutes before cooking is done, place a slice of Swiss cheese atop each chicken breast.
Approximate Nutritional Values
- Total Fat: 31.4 g. (Saturated Fat: 18.4 g)
- Cholesterol: 185.2 mg
- Sodium: 1150 mg
- Total Carbs. 1.4 g
- Protein: 50.1 g