CJ’s SPICY CHICKEN VEGETABLE PAD THAI (light to moderate spiciness)
This is my own recipe for Chicken Pad Thai with vegetables. It can be classified as “Low Carb” (under 60g) despite the use of Brown Rice Fettuccine noodles if your portion size is moderate. This is an excellent, healthy and tasty option for a “cheat meal” that all of us on a low carb regimen deserve and should have from time to time.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 6)
- 2 pasture fed boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized chunks.
- 3 large organic broccoli spears, chopped into florets.
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced, chopped.
- 1 package chopped mushrooms.
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic.
- 3 tablespoons wok oil.
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon red hot sauce.
- ground black pepper and sea salt to taste.
- 1 16 oz package of brown rice fettuccine noodles.
- OPTIONAL: 1 cup of crushed peanuts for topping.
- Place chopped chicken breast meat into a skillet and cook, set aside.
- Bring to boil a pot of water, cooking fettuccine noodles until al dente.
- Add a little wok oil to the noodles to keep from sticking and set aside.
- Pour wok oil into a deep wok skillet and bring oil to medium heat.
- Add all vegetable ingredients, stirring together to thoroughly mix.
- Add garlic, soy, red hot and oyster sauces and toss together.
- Add fettuccine noodles to wok and mix together with vegetables.
- Once vegetables, noodles and sauces have warmed, add chicken chunks.
- Stir/mix repeatedly to ensure all ingredients are coated with sauce (add a little extra sauce if necessary).
- Cooking time will vary. Watch closely and do not overcook so vegetables remain crispy.
- Serve immediately.
- 1 regular sized skillet.
- 1 large pot.
- 1 large, deep wok.