PARMESAN HAVARTI PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM CAPS
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 8 Organic Portobello mushroom caps (remove stems).
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion.
- 8 thin slices Havarti cheese.
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- 3 tablespoons real butter.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Thoroughly rinse fresh, organic mushroom caps.
- Place large skillet on stove top and set temperature to medium high.
- Melt butter in skillet, then immediately add minced garlic, stirring to blend together.
- Add chopped red onion and cook until onion pieces soften.
- Scrape out all ingredients from skillet into a container and set aside.
- Lightly pour a small amount of Olive Oil so skillet is coated.
- Place 8 mushroom caps in skillet and lightly cook both sides of each cap (4-5 minutes each side).
- Arrange mushroom caps in skillet with the top down.
- Spoon garlic, onion mixture onto each cap.
- Place a slice of Havarti cheese over each cap (tearing the cheese so it all fits within the confines of the cap).
- Sprinkle each cap with Parmesan cheese.
- Turn off heat and cover skillet, keeping caps covered to thoroughly melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.