DEEP SEA PASTA
A very tasty dish full of delicacies from the sea such as large shrimp, baby clams and lump crab meat simmered in a scrumptious white wine sauce and served over your favorite pasta.
*Make it more healthy by using brown rice, gluten free pasta noodles.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 1 lb. pasta noodles of your choice (diet conscious, use brown rice, gluten free pasta noodles).
- 2 lb. large shrimp (tails removed).
- 1 6 oz. can baby clam meat.
- 1 6 oz. can lump crab meat.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic.
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots.
- 1/2 cup white wine.
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil.
- 1/2 cup organic chicken broth.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- 1/2 cup butter.
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley.
- Bring large pot of water to boil, cook pasta until al dente.
- In a skillet over medium heat, mix the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, shallot, and garlic. Cook and stir until most of the liquid has been reduced. Stir in the butter until melted.
- Add shrimp, clams and crab to the sauce and saute.
- Add al dente pasta to skillet and thoroughly mix with seafood and sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
PAN FRIED WILD SALMON (served with Organic Broccoli)
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 2 Fresh Wild Salmon Fillets.
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper (each fillet).
- 1 Teaspoon fresh Chives (each fillet)..
- 1 Cup White Wine (Chardonnay).
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Sea Salt & Ground Black Pepper to taste.
- Grease large skillet with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Heat skillet to Medium.
- Place Salmon fillets meat side down (skin side up) in skillet, cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn Salmon fillets so the skin is facing down.
- Pour White Wine over/around Salmon fillets.
- Cook Salmon another 10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Suggested Sides: Fresh Organic Broccoli spears.
PARMESAN HAVARTI PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM CAPS
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 8 Organic Portobello mushroom caps (remove stems).
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion.
- 8 thin slices Havarti cheese.
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- 3 tablespoons real butter.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Thoroughly rinse fresh, organic mushroom caps.
- Place large skillet on stove top and set temperature to medium high.
- Melt butter in skillet, then immediately add minced garlic, stirring to blend together.
- Add chopped red onion and cook until onion pieces soften.
- Scrape out all ingredients from skillet into a container and set aside.
- Lightly pour a small amount of Olive Oil so skillet is coated.
- Place 8 mushroom caps in skillet and lightly cook both sides of each cap (4-5 minutes each side).
- Arrange mushroom caps in skillet with the top down.
- Spoon garlic, onion mixture onto each cap.
- Place a slice of Havarti cheese over each cap (tearing the cheese so it all fits within the confines of the cap).
- Sprinkle each cap with Parmesan cheese.
- Turn off heat and cover skillet, keeping caps covered to thoroughly melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon, olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon, butter.
- 1 medium onion, chopped.
- 1 cup Risotto.
- 1/2 cup, white wine.
- 3 cups, chicken stock.
- 4 ounces, Camembert cheese (rind removed and cut into 1″ pieces.)
- 1 1/2 cups, fresh mushroom pieces.
- 1/4 cup, fresh chopped parsley.
- Sea salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, stir and cook until onion begins to soften (2-3 minutes).
- Stir in Risotto rice and cook until rice is heated through (1-2 minutes).
- Add white wine and cook until approximately half of the wine evaporates.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock and cook, stirring occasionally until only a few tablespoons of stock remain.
- Continue adding chicken stock 1 cup at a time until Risotto rice is al dente (Never adding more stock until the previous cup has been absorbed by the rice).
- Stir in the Camembert cheese.
- Once the cheese melts, stir in the mushrooms and parsley.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste & serve immediately.