CJ’S SHRIMP & ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 stalks asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely minced onion
- 1 cup Risotto pasta
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tsp olive oil. Sauté the shrimp and asparagus for 2-3 minutes, until the shrimp just curls and turns pink. Remove from the pan to a bowl, and set aside while you make the Risotto.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil on the stove top and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the onion, and sauté until soft but not brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the Risotto, making sure to coat each grain, and stir until it begins to turn light brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the wine. It will bubble up, so be careful.
- Return the pan to the heat. When the liquid is absorbed, begin adding broth, one ladle at a time, letting each bit of liquid be absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Add butter, clam juice and cheese, and stir vigorously for 2 minutes, adding additional broth if needed to desired creaminess.
- Stir in the shrimp and asparagus.
- Season to taste with black pepper, and serve immediately.