PENNE ARRABIATA (Gluten-Free)
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
14 oz. gluten-free penne pasta
4-6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
4-6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 14.5 ounce can Roma organic diced tomatoes with spicy chiles
2-4 oz. chopped roasted green or red chiles (hot or mild, according to taste preference)
Hot red chile pepper flakes, to taste
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Two teaspoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil and cook the penne until it is al dente- tender but still slightly firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet, heat roughly 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat; add the onion; stir and cook until softened.
- Add the chopped garlic; stir and cook for a minute.
- Add in the fire roasted diced tomatoes, chopped roasted chiles, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer, lower the heat and keep on a low simmer while you boil the penne pasta.
- When the penne is ready, drain it and pour it into the skillet.
- Drizzle the cooked penne with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (or use pasta water). Toss the penne gently to coat it in the Arrabiata sauce.
- Serve in warm bowls. Sprinkle generously with shredded Parmesan cheese, and some fresh chopped parsley.