FETTUCCINE WITH CLAMS IN WHITE SAUCE
Ingredients (Serves 4)
4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 small diced onion
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
3 cans minced/chopped clams, with juice
1 teaspoon parsley
1 lb fettuccine noodles
- In a 5 qt pot, heat water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter and olive oil in pan.
- Sautee onion and garlic, and add crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add lemon juice, oregano, basil, and Old Bay seasoning, stir for one minute.
- Add clams with juice.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in large bowl.
- Cover pasta with clam sauce, stir well and top with parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with warm crusty bread and chilled white wine.