STUFFED SPINACH MANICOTTI
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
1 (8 ounce) package manicotti shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, and egg.
- Mix in 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- In a skillet, add crushed tomatoes, paste, onions, fresh parsley, oregano and minced garlic, stir together and simmer until onions are slightly softened (about 5-7 minutes).
- Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray a 9/13 baking dish.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in the bottom of baking dish.
- Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with ricotta mixture, and arrange in a single layer in the dish.
- Cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until noodles are soft.