POLPETTE ITALIANE (LOW CARB)
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground veal
1/2 pound ground pork
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups stale Italian bread, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 cup olive oil
- Combine beef, veal, and pork in a large bowl.
- Add garlic, eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Blend bread crumbs into meat mixture.
- Slowly add the water 1/2 cup at a time. The mixture should be very moist but still hold its shape if rolled into meatballs. (I usually use about 1 1/4 cups of water).
- Shape into meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Fry meatballs in batches.
- When the meatball is very brown and slightly crisp remove from the heat and drain on a paper towel. (If your mixture is too wet, cover the meatballs while they are cooking so that they hold their shape better.)