PENNE WITH VODKA SAUCE
- 1 box penne pasta
- 3 15oz. cans of tomato sauce
- 3 shallots diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 1 Tbls butter
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 8 oz of mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese, but in this case let’s stick with the Italian stuff it’s much better.)
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 or 3 oz of vodka
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in oil and saute shallots and peppers for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and vodka and saute another 2 to 3 minutes until vodka reduces slightly.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for about 10 minutes longer.
- Add pepper and salt.
- Add cream and mascarpone cheese and stir until cheese in melted.
- Simmer for around 15 minute more but do not bring to a boil.
- Add 6 quarts of water to a large pot and cook the pasta until “al dente”. Around 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan.