PENNE WITH HERBS, TOMATOES & PEAS (VEGETARIAN)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil $
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add peas during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add oil; swirl to coat.
- Add garlic; cook 4 minutes or until garlic begins to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes to pan; cook 1 minute.
- Add pasta mixture, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in basil and parsley.
- Sprinkle with cheese.