NORTHWEST ROASTED HALIBUT (LOW SODIUM)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 4 – 6 ounces halibut fillets
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, but not hot
- 3/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and/or strawberries) thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Thaw fish if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- Spray a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a shallow dish place butter. In a second shallow dish place chopped hazelnuts.
- Dip fish in melted margarine. Coat both sides of fillets with nuts. Place coated fillets on prepared pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
- While the fish is roasting, puree the berries in a blender or a food processor.
- Pass the puree through a strainer to remove the seeds.
- Stir sugar into strained sauce. If desired, place the strained sauce in a small saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until sauce is warm.
- Serve the sauce chilled or warmed with the fish.