BROILED RED SNAPPER WITH GINGER-LIME BUTTER
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled fresh ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) red snapper or other firm white fish fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Lime wedges
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and chill.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, coat with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily.
- Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates, and top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons butter mixture.