MAINE COLE SLAW
- 1 medium-large green cabbage, shredded (preferably by hand)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse the cabbage under cold running water. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix the cabbage with the onion, green and red peppers, and shredded carrot.
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, salt, and oils and pour over the vegetables. Mix well.
- Chill in the refrigerator until serving time.