MACARONI & CHEESE (Gluten Free)
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
12 ounces gluten-free rigatoni pasta
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1 cup whole milk
mound of grated cheddar cheese (a little more than a cup for us)
mound of grated gouda cheese (a little more than a cup for us)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to rapid boil. Add pasta, along with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook until the pasta has a slight bite to it. (Gluten-free pasta needs to come out of the water with a little bit of crunch.)
- Drain in a colander, toss with a little bit of oil, and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the butter. Add the milk and swirl them together.
- When you have one bubbly liquid, add handfuls of the cheese and stir.
- Add more handfuls of the cheese and stir until all the cheese has been melted fully.
- Make a little slurry with the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water. Stir it well, then add a bit into the cheese sauce and stir. The sauce will thicken immediately.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Pour in the pasta. Stir.
- Brown Mac ‘N Cheese in a 400° oven (golden brown – do not overcook).