LINGUINE WITH SHRIMP & SLOW ROASTED TOMATOES
* Gluten Free!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced paper-thin.
- 1 ½ pounds cherry tomatoes, slow roasted (see note below).
- generous pinch of red pepper flakes.
- 1 pound dried gluten-free linguine.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- ½ cup dry white white wine.
- kosher salt or sea salt.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and salt generously.
- Place the olive oil and garlic in a large frying pan over low heat.
- Cook the garlic slowly for 8 to 10 minutes, or until softened but now browned.
- Add the tomatoes and red pepper flakes and stir to combine them with the garlic slices. Cover the pan and let the tomatoes heat slowly for a few minutes.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water, stir to separate, and cook until al dente.
- When the pasta is done, drain it from the pot, saving about 1 cup of the water in which it was cooked.
- Immediately run cold water over the pasta, which stops the cooking process.
- Drizzle olive oil over the pasta and toss it. Set it aside and finish the sauce.
- Raise the heat under the frying pan to medium-high and add the shrimp. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, or until the shellfish have turned opaque.
- Raise the heat to high and pour in the wine. Let it bubble for a minute or so, or just until the shellfish are completely cooked.
- Scoop a ladleful of cooking water from the pasta pot and stir it into the frying pan.
- Taste and season with salt, if needed. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the pasta to the frying pan and gently toss the pasta and sauce to combine thoroughly, adding a splash or two more of the cooking water if necessary to loosen the sauce.
- Transfer the dressed pasta to warmed shallow individual bowls and serve immediately.