HALIBUT EN PAPILLOTE (Gluten-Free)
Ingredients (Serves 2)
1 pound fresh wild caught halibut
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
2 stalks standard-size asparagus, sliced in half lengthwise, woody stems removed
1/2 white part of leek, julienned
3 lemon slices
4 to 5 sprigs fresh dill
1/8 cup white wine
- Preparing to bake. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Pull out a long piece of parchment paper, about 24 inches long.
- Wrapping the halibut in the paper. Lay the parchment paper on the counter like a long rectangle, short ends on the left and right. Put the halibut piece in the middle of the parchment paper. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Lay the asparagus slices, leeks, lemon slices, and dill on top of the halibut.
- Fold down the paper from the top, over the halibut. Roll the paper and crimp up all the edges like you are wrapping a present in a hurry. Leave the bottom open. Pour in the white wine and take care to not spill it out of the bag. Crimp the bottom to seal the bag.
- Baking the halibut. Put the parchment bag in a skillet. Slide it into the oven. Bake until the halibut is firm to the touch but not solid and dry, or until it has reached an internal temperature, about 6 to 12 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Remove it from the oven.
- Cut the parchment bag above the crimped edges. Be careful of the steam. Remove the lemon slices and dill.