GRILLED TUNA OSCAR (Gluten-Free)
Ingredients (Serves 2-4)
- 2-4 tuna steaks
- 4-5 asparagus spears per steak, steamed
- ⅓ cup lump crabmeat per steak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- For the sauce:
- 3 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- juice of one lemon (about a quarter of a cup)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 ounces salted butter, heated until hot to the touch
- Lightly oil a grill pan and heat it over medium-high heat. Pat the tuna steaks dry and place them on the pan.
- Grill each side until it appears cooked most of the way up–you want a thin band of pink still left in the center of the fish. The cooking time will vary according to the thickness of the steaks.
- While the fish is grilling, warm the asparagus and the crab meat in the two tablespoons of butter.
- To make the sauce, place the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and white pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in the hot butter with the blender running. If you want to add fresh herbs, like tarragon, stir them in at the end.
- To assemble, place a grilled tuna steak on each serving plate and top with some of the warmed asparagus and crab meat.
- Drizzle with the sauce and serve.