SALMON W/TOMATO-BASIL SALSA (Low Sodium)
Each serving has only 175 mg of Sodium. A tasty and extremely healthy menu option!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
4 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each), rinsed and patted dry
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
6 ounces grape tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 to 1 1/4 ounces sweet onion
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Lightly spray a shallow baking pan with cooking spray. Place the fish in the pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining salmon ingredients. Lightly spread on each fillet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Chop the tomatoes, basil, and onion.
- Put in a small bowl. Add the vinegar, stirring gently to combine.
- Spoon over or beside the cooked fish.