CRANBERRY GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN
Each serving of this delicious entree contains only 56 mg of sodium!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 1-pound pork tenderloin, all visible fat discarded
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
2/3 cup canned whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/3 cup low-sugar orange marmalade
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Lightly spray an 11x7x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Put the pork in the pan.
- Tuck the narrow end of the pork under to allow even cooking.
- Sprinkle with the garlic powder and lemon pepper. Using your fingertips, gently press the seasonings so they adhere to the top and sides of the pork.
- Roast for 15 minutes. (The pork will not be done at this point.)
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the cranberry sauce, marmalade, and cinnamon.
- Measure 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the mixture into another small bowl; set this smaller portion aside to use as the sauce when serving the pork.
- When the pork has roasted for 15 minutes, remove it from the oven. Spoon the larger portion of the cranberry mixture over the pork.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Roast the pork for 30 to 35 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 155°F.
- Remove the pork from the oven and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Let the pork rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve topped with the reserved sauce.