BALSAMIC CHICKEN (Low Carb)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
1 tablespoon paprika.
1 tablespoon olive oil.
1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary.
1 tablespoon minced garlic.
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
Nonstick cooking spray.
1/4 cup dry red wine.
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
- Fresh Rosemary sprig for garnish.
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet to a rectangle 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, oil, rosemary, garlic, and pepper; mix well until it becomes a paste. Rub both sides of each chicken beast half with paste mixture.
- Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place coated chicken in prepared pan; cover and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Drizzle chicken with wine.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken registers 170 degrees F and the juices run clear, turning once halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately drizzle vinegar onto chicken in the baking pan.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates. Stir the liquid in the baking pan and drizzle over chicken.
- If desired, garnish with fresh rosemary.
- Makes 4 chicken breast halves.