VEGETARIAN BURRITO CASSEROLE
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 3/4 cup white rice.
- 1 1/2 cups of water.
- 12 ounce package soy burger-style crumbles.
- 28 ounce can of whole tomatoes, drained (1/4 cup juice reserved).
- 1 tablespoon chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin.
- 1/2 cup frozen corn.
- 1.25 ounce package, taco seasoning.
- 2 – 10 in burrito style flour tortillas.
- 1 – 14 ounce can vegetarian re-fried beans.
- 2 – fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced, divided.
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, divided.
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place soy crumbles, tomatoes, reserved tomato juice, chili powder, cumin, and taco seasoning in a medium frying pan over medium high heat. Cook and stir, breaking up tomatoes, for 10 minutes.
- Lay 1 flour tortilla in a lightly greased 8×8 inch baking dish. Layer with one half of the beans, jalapeno slices, rice, salsa, soy mixture, and 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, beginning with the flour tortilla, and top with remaining 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.