PESTO ZUCCHINI SPAGHETTI (Low Carb!)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced thin.
- generous pinch of salt.
- 6 slices of uncooked bacon.
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces.
- 2-3 T prepared basil pesto.
- Fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese, for garnish.
- 1 pound box gluten-free spaghetti.
- Place zucchini strips in a colander over a bowl or in the sink. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and toss to combine. Let the zucchini sit for 15 minutes while the salt extracts the moisture. Drain excess water, squeezing zucchini, if necessary.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, turning frequently. Remove bacon to a stack of paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon.
- Boil water and cook gluten-free spaghetti al-dente.
- Remove all but 2 Tablespoons of bacon drippings from the pan.
- Return the pan to medium heat.
- Add the green onions, stirring frequently for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and 2 Tablespoons of pesto, tossing to combine all ingredients.
- Taste and add more pesto, if needed.
- Serve with bacon crumbles and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Plate the spaghetti and spoon zucchini based mixed overtop. Serve immediately.