Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 1½ pounds cod.
- ½ cup blanched almond flour.
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil.
- 5 tablespoons butter.
- 1 cup chicken stock.
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup brined capers
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Cut the cod into 6 pieces
- Mix together flour, seafood seasoning and sea salt
- Rinse the cod pieces in water, then dredge thoroughly in flour mixture, until well coated
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet on medium high heat; add half of the cod pieces and brown well, about 3 minutes per side
- Transfer from skillet to a plate, and repeat with remaining cod
- Place plate of cod in warm oven while preparing the sauce
- Add chicken stock, lemon juice, and capers to skillet and use a metal spatula to loosen the browned bits and incorporate them into the sauce
- Reduce the sauce by half then whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter
- Plate the cod, pour the sauce over it and sprinkle with parsley