CJ’s POT ROAST
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 4 pounds sirloin pot roast meat.
- 3 carrots, chopped.
- 2 stalks celery, chopped.
- 1 large yellow onion, circular sliced.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic.
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 packet, brown gravy dry mix.
- 2 tablespoons water.
- 1 package dry onion soup mix.
- 1 10 ounce can Cream of Mushroom soup.
- 10 ounces carbonated cola drink.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place meat in a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle carrots, celery and minced garlic around roast.
- Place onion slices over top of roast.
- Add Worcestershire sauce over top of roast and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown gravy mix and water, mixing into a smooth paste.
- Add onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup and cola-flavored carbonated beverage. Pour over the roast.
- Cover pan, and cook 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees F and continue cooking 2 hours.
- Remove from oven, and turn roast over so that the top is now covered with the gravy. Cover pan, and return to oven for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove from oven, and let meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing.