CHOCOLATE ECLAIR CAKE
- 1 cup water.
- 1/2 cup butter.
- 1 cup all purpose flour.
- 4 large eggs.
- 1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese.
- 1 – large box (5.1 ounces) vanilla pudding.
- 3 cups milk (used in pudding).
- 1 – 8 ounce container of Cool Whip (the entire container won’t be used).
- chocolate syrup.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 9×13 baking dish.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter in the water and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour.
- Mix in one egg at a time, mixing completely prior to adding the next egg.
- Spread mixture into pan, covering the bottom and sides evenly. (don’t over grease the sides of the pan of mixture won’t stay.)
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown, checking regularly to ensure it’s not overcooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool, leaving any bubbles you might see. (Do not push bubbles down.)
- Whip cream cheese in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, make vanilla pudding. (Ensure pudding is thick prior to mixing with cream cheese.)
- Slowly add pudding to cream cheese, mixing until there are no lumps.
- Let cool in refrigerator.
- When the crust is completely cooled, pour in filling.
- Top with a layer of Cool Whip (as thick a layer as desired).
- Swirl chocolate syrup over the Cool Whip topping.