JIM’s SHEPHERD’S PIE
This popular and crowd-pleaser recipe is contributed by family member Jim Nadeau of Maine. Thanks, Jim!
- 1 1/2 pounds pork sirloin.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin.
- 1 bottle red table wine.
- 1 large onion, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 bag frozen corn.
- 2 cups heavy cream.
- 1 bottle white table wine.
- 3 sprigs rosemary.
- 5 russet potatoes.
- 8 ounces cream cheese.
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 1 stick unsalted butter.
- sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste).
- Brown then stew 3 lbs cubed pork sirloin and beef sirloin in a bottle of red wine.
- Stew for about 3 hours then uncover and let the wine reduce.
- Sauté a chopped onion with chopped garlic in olive oil till soft.
- Add a large bag of frozen corn, 2 cups heavy cream, a bottle of white wine, and 3 sprigs of rosemary.
- Bring to boil, cook down until the white wine is reduced to nothing and remove the rosemary.
- Take out 1/2 the corn and blend in a blender then return to pan.
- Cook 5 russet potatoes until fork tender.
- Remove to food processor filled with 8 oz pkg cream cheese, cup of shredded parmesan, cup of shredded sharp cheddar, a stick of butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend until potatoes are smooth.
- In a large baking dish, layer the meat mixture, then corn mixture, then potato mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes and devour!