CJ’s BAR HARBOR LOBSTER ROLL
Aren’t in Maine? Can’t get there anytime soon?? No worries!
Let me bring a little Maine to you with my authentic Lobster Roll lunch box recipe! It’s as close to Maine cuisine as it gets and when served with Maine cole slaw and Cape Cod chips, you’ve got an award winning lunch or dinner!
Don’t cut corners on the ingredients. Only fresh, all natural ingredients will do for this recipe.
Ingredients (6 lobster rolls)
- 2 pounds cooked, fresh lobster meat (be sure it’s cut into bite sized pieces).
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter.
- 6 New England style hot dog buns.
- 1/3 cup real Mayonnaise.
- 1 teaspoon real lemon juice.
- Seafood blend seasoning.
- Lemon wedge for garnish.
- Place the lobster chunks into a medium bowl, and pour the melted butter over.
- Toss to coat.
- Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice and season with seafood blend seasoning.
- Cover and chill for 20 minutes before serving.
- Spread a little melted butter on each roll.
- Fill role with chilled lobster meat.
*Serve with Maine Cole Slaw and “Cape Cod” chips.
MAINE COLE SLAW
- 1 medium-large green cabbage, shredded (preferably by hand)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Rinse the cabbage under cold running water. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix the cabbage with the onion, green and red peppers, and shredded carrot.
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, salt, and oils and pour over the vegetables. Mix well.
- Chill in the refrigerator until serving time.