CJ’s TORTELLINI SOUP
Vegetarian friendly, this is also a light and tasty meal that is sure to satisfy while going easy on your waistline. Simple to make and ready in 30 minutes or less. Try my version of this and see if you don’t agree.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped.
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped.
- 2 cups carrots, chopped.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon parsley.
- 1 32 ounce container, organic vegetable broth.
- 12 ounces, cheese tortellini.
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels.
- 4 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend.
- In a large pot, heat oil until hot over medium heat.
- Add onion, zucchini, carrots and garlic.
- Stir often until onion is limp (about 5 minutes).
- Add basil, tomatoes, pepper, parsley and broth. Heat to boiling (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in tortellini and corn.
- Reduce heat and simmer until tortellini is tender (about 5-6 minutes).
- Serve in bowls and add a Italian cheese over top.
*Makes 4 servings.