MARYLAND CRAB CAKES
As close as you can get to the real deal outside of Maryland! These cakes are seasoned just perfect and filled with REAL crab (don’t settle for the imitation).
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 egg, beaten.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise.
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped.
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning blend.
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce.
- 1 full pound real lump crab meat.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk.
- 10 Saltine crackers, finely crushed.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Lemon wedges served as garnish.
- Mix egg, mayonnaise, green onions, seafood seasoning blend and hot sauce in a small bowl until mayo is completely incorporated, then set aside.
- Lightly break up crabmeat in a medium bowl. Add milk; toss gently to coat.
- Add crushed saltines; toss gently to combine.
- Add egg mixture; gently toss, once again, to combine.
- Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup, scoop up a portion of crab, forming the mixture into a very compact cake. Repeat to make 8 cakes (can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated up to 8 hours ahead).
- About 10 minutes before serving, heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Carefully add crab cakes; sautee turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.