MAPLE-BRINED PORK LOIN ROAST.
- 1 – 4 1/2 pound pork loin roast.
- 2 quart cold water.
- 1 tablespoon sea salt.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup.
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic.
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger.
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary.
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup.
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard.
- Mix water, salt, 1/2 cup maple syrup, garlic, ginger, rosemary, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Place pork loin in brine mixture and refrigerate for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork from brine, pat dry, and season all sides with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat vegetable oil in an oven-proof skillet over high heat. Cook pork, turning to brown each side, (about 10-15 minutes).
- Transfer skillet to the oven and roast until pork is browned (about an hour).
- Mix 2 tablespoons maple syrup and Dijon mustard together in a small bowl.
- Remove pork roast from the oven and spread maple syrup mixture on all sides. Cook for an additional 30 minutes, or until the pork is no longer pink in the center.
* Use a meat thermometer in the center of the roast to determine doneness. Temperature should read 145 degrees F when done.