EMERIL LAGASSE’s CHICKEN MARSALA
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- 1 tablespoon Emeril Lagasse’s “Essence” seasoning.
- 2 8 ounce boneless, skinless breasts of chicken, cut in halves, pounded thin.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms.
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine.
- 1 cup chicken stock.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Chopped chives for garnish.
- Combine flour and Essence in a shallow bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Dredge chicken breast halves in seasoned flour mixture.
- Shake to remove any excess flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat until oil is very hot (not smoking).
- Add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Cook chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
- Transfer breasts to a plate, set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and add the mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring frequently until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges.
- Add the Marsala wine, bring to boil.
- Scrape to remove any browned bits from pan.
- Once wine has reduced by half, add chicken stock, cook for 3 minutes until sauce has thickened somewhat.
- Lower heat to medium, return chicken breasts to pan.
- Cook until chicken breasts are cooked through and sauce has thickened (5-6 minutes).
- Swirl in remaining 2 tablespoons butter, add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives, serve immediately.