CJ’s ULTIMATE GRILLED B.L.T.
This isn’t your ordinary, run of the mill BLT, no way! This beauty is made with all fresh ingredients and an easy to make home made dressing. Couple that with the awesome flavor only grilling food has and you have a scrumptious sandwich that’s hard to beat.
- Chilled Garden Fresh Tomato (2 center cut thick slices).
- Chilled slice of Romaine Lettuce.
- 3 slices Thick Cut Bacon.
- Thick Sliced Bread (Texas Toast style).
- 1 slice, Cheddar Cheese.
- Homemade Thousand Island Dressing (see recipe below).
- 2 tablespoons, real butter.
Homemade Thousand Island Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 cup real mayonaise.
- 2 TBSP ketchup.
- 2 TBSP sweet pickle relish.
- 2 TSP finely diced red onions.
- 1 TSP white vinegar.
- 1/2 TSP sea salt.
- 3 dashes of Tabasco sauce.
Thousand Island Dressing Instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow all flavors to blend and meld together.
- Serve chilled right from the refrigerator.
BLT Sandwich Cooking Instructions
- Grill temperature & timing is critical. Keep heat on low! Keep a close eye on the grill!
- Cook bacon on indirect heat. Watch closely as this should only take minutes to cook through.
- Lightly butter both sides of thick sliced bread and place on low, indirect heat. Turn 90 degrees after a minute or two on one side to get cross grill pattern on bread slices.
- Add cheese slice for a minute. Remove bread from grill immediately. Set aside.
- Remove bacon from grill, pat strips to remove any excess grease, place on bread.
- Add slice of chilled romaine lettuce.
- Add thick cut slice of tomato.
- Place two dollops of homemade thousand island dressing.
- Serve immediately.