CJ’s ITALIAN STUFFED MEATLOAF
The ultimate in comfort food!
- 2 lbs. of very lean ground beef.
- 1 lb. of ground pork.
- 1 1/2 cups of breadcrumbs.
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped.
- 1 jar of pasta sauce.
- 1 12 oz. can of tomato paste.
- 3 eggs.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper.
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of milk.
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Italian cheese blend).
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix the three packages of meat using your hands, ensuring to separate the pork as much as possible and work it in with the ground beef.
- Add all ingredients above with the exception of the cheese and Pasta sauce and thoroughly blend together until the meat is moist and smooth.
- Mix tomato paste and pasta sauce together thoroughly until slightly thickened.
- Spoon 1/2 of the meat mixture into a lightly greased 9×13″ baking dish.
- Spread Pasta sauce on top of the meat mixture.
- Add half of the shredded cheese and parmesan cheese evenly on top of the meat mixture.
- Add a layer of pasta sauce over the cheese.
- Add the second half of the meat mixture over the top of the lower layer and shape into a loaf.
- Set oven to “Bake” at 350 degrees.
- Cooking will likely take approximately 1 hour. Use a meat thermometer and cook until inside temp is 160 F.
- When the meat is near completion, spread the remaining pasta sauce over the top of the meatloaf, then add shredded and Parmesan cheese over top and place back into the oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove meatloaf from heat and let sit for 10 minutes before cutting to ensure not to lose juices.