CJ’s “HEARTY” COLLARD GREENS
Ok, before you turn up your nose at the idea, you gotta try this tasty side dish inspired by “Hearty” restaurant in Chicago. I added my own personal touches to make it my own. Give this a try for a healthy side dish alternative. If you prefer another green, you could easily substitute fresh spinach.
- 1 Bunch – Fresh Collard Greens.
- 1/2 Cup – Diced Onions.
- 1/2 Cup – Chopped Bacon.
- 2 Tbsp – Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Ground Black Pepper (sprinkle).
- Ground Garlic Pepper (sprinkle).
- Pull collard green leaves away from stems prior to cooking.
- Be sure to clean collard green leaves thoroughly before proceeding further.
- Place leaves in fry pan.
- In a separate pan, brown bacon, drain.
- Cook greens on low heat until they reduce and soften.
- Add chopped bacon and diced onion to greens, mix together.
- Add heavy whipping cream and mix thoroughly with greens mixture.
- Drain off excess liquid, serve warm.