CJ’s SLOW-COOKED GRILLED BBQ BABY BACK RIBS
There are two keys to fabulous outdoor grilled BBQ baby back ribs.
- Slow cooking.
- Low, indirect heat.
- Sea salt.
- Ground black pepper.
- Minced garlic.
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce.
- Heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Large grilling tongs and spatula.
- Preheat grill setting to the low setting turning on the side burners but leaving the center burner off.
- Generously spread minced garlic over all sides of the rib slabs.
- Sprinkle sea salt and ground black pepper over all sides of the ribs.
- Lay seasoned rib slabs onto heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place foil covered rib slabs onto the center (indirect) burner that is off (front to back).
- Close lid. Temperature should rise to about 300 degrees, no more.
- Turn foil covered rib slabs every 30 minutes for even cooking.
- Cook full slab of foiled covered ribs for approximately 2.5 hours.
- Remove from foil and place ribs back on center grill surface and slather ribs with sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce).
- Close lid and cook for 20-30 more minutes on the very low heat.
- Remove ribs and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
* Grill temperatures vary and thus so could cooking time. Keep a close watch so as to not overcook to keep meat tender.