CJ’s CREAMY CHEESY POTATO STEW
This simple recipe is the perfect dish on a cold wintry day and it is sure to be a crowd pleaser with your family. This thick, creamy stew is perfect for those on a vegetarian diet.
4 – medium size Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes.
1 – medium size onion, chopped.
4 – cups skim milk.
1 – cup water.
1 – cup frozen peas.
1 – cup frozen carrots.
1 – package shredded cheese (I used Kraft Triple Cheese)
1 – Bearcreek Potato Soup Seasoning Mix (ignore recipe on package and follow this one).
- Microwave the chopped potatoes for 5 minutes to partially soften.
- Pour milk and water into crock pot.
- Add soup mix and stir thoroughly.
- Add chopped potatoes, onions, peas and carrots.
- Stir thoroughly until soup is evenly mixed.
- Set crock pot temperature on high and cook for 45 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to low and cook for 2 more hours.
- Set to “warm”, add cheese, stir and let sit until cheese has melted and mixed in throughly.
*This recipe will serve 6-8 people, depending on portion size.