CJ’s BLUE WALNUT WEDGE SALAD
- 1 cup mayonnaise.
- 3/4 cup sour cream.
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce.
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- salt to taste.
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles.
Directions for Blue Cheese Dressing (make day before, ideally)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Stir in blu cheese crumbles until thoroughly blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours (or overnight) before using.
- 1 head of lettuce.
- 1 large tomato.
- 4 strips of bacon.
- Walnut pieces.
- Slice a head of lettuce in quarters (1 quarter per serving).
- Place a wedge in each bowl and keep chilled until ready to assemble and serve.
- Fry 4 strips of bacon until crispy, pat dry and chop into small bits.
- Slice/dice one large whole tomato.
- Sprinkle desired bacon, walnut pieces and diced tomatoes over top of lettuce wedge.
- Top with homemade blue cheese dressing and serve.