CJ’s BOILED LIVE MAINE LOBSTER with grilled buttered corn.
- Extra Large Pot or Outdoor LP Cooker.
- Heat resistent oven mit.
- Long grilling cooking tongs.
- Heavy duty spatula.
- Lobster cracking tools (pliers, picks, forks).
- Lemon Pepper seasoned water.
- Melted butter.
- Boil 3/4 filled extra large pot or outdoor cooker (this will take a while).
- Place live lobsters in a sink full of cool water until water in cooking pot is boiling.
- Place live lobsters, one at a time, head first into BOILING water.
- Use tongs to arrange lobsters evenly in the water ensuring all are fully submerged (don’t overload pot).
- Cook in boiling water 15-20 minutes (15 minutes for 1-1/2 lb, 20 minutes for 2lb. lobsters). Do not overcook!
*Shells will turn bright red when fully cooked.
Grilled Buttered Corn On The Cob
- While the water is boiling for the lobsters, fully clean ears of corn.
- Drizzle melted butter over each ear of corn, seasoning with sea salt and pepper.
- Wrap each seasoned, buttered ear in heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place on already heated grill (medium heat).
- Cook approximately 30 minutes, turning each ear every 10 minutes or so.
- Melt more butter and pour into separate small dishes for dipping.
- Remove Maine lobsters from the pot once cooked (do not let them sit in the water!).
- Remove cooked buttered corn from grill.
- Plate immediately so the food is served piping hot.
- Serve with cole slaw.
- Have some extra mixing bowls available to put the shells in.
- Have PLENTY of paper towels available (napkins won’t cut it here!).